Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

This year, we spend our holiday weekend in Petersville, Alaska helping friends finish up their cabin. It rained the entire weekend, but we still had a blast. It was the first time we'd been camping together in forever because Steve is usually so busy with work in the summer. We slept in our little two-person Kelty tent, which held up great to the rain, and our friends slept in their four-place trailer. We camped at the parking lot, then rode the four-wheelers into their property each day. I've always been in love with rainy days, and have long believed that that rain brings out the true beauty in things. This weekend reminded me of that conviction, and I took plenty of pictures trying to document the beauty surrounding me.

enjoying the rain at the fire pit me and Jill dug out...

It was like an enchanted Alaskan rain forest there with huge stalks rising above my head...like an Alaskan Pandora...



Steve hard at work in just a T shirt after the rain turned to just a drizzle...

No comments:

Post a Comment