Monday, September 6, 2010

Anniversary Animal Sightings

We went to Homer for the weekend to visit family and celebrate our two year wedding anniversary.  On the way home we saw a sight that I've never seen in the 24 years I've lived in Alaska.  We wondered what all the people were pulled over looking at along side the narrow highway through Cooper Landing.
 Then Steve saw what they were looking at.  It was a brown bear, catching salmon in the Kenai River.  
 I was pretty psyched to see the big guy since I've never seen one except at the zoo.  I've only ever seen black bears.
 Didn't have the best camera, just a 12.1 megapixel point and shoot.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your two year anniversary! Awesome that you saw the brown bear although I have to say that I am somewhat, disappointed that you don't run into bears all over the place. It kind of ruins my vision of rugged Alaskan life! Maybe I'm thinking of Kodiak Island...

    ReplyDelete