Thursday, January 27, 2011

Skiing and Vegetables

After having sort of a rough morning, Steve and I went skiing this afternoon and had a blast.  When we got to Kincaid Park, we saw the entire Dimond High School ski team playing games on their skate skis with no poles.  It brought back a flood of memories.  It feels like I should have skied over and joined them.  Luckily for them I didn't :)  But man, just like I mentioned in my last post, time just flies by!  It has been six years since I was on the ski team, and I can remember most of it vividly.  I loved being on both the cross-country running team and the cross-country ski team, my best memories from high school come from time spent on those teams, hands down.

We skied the mize loop, for any of you familiar with Kincaid, just as the sun was beginning to set.  It was so nice to get out and get some much needed fresh air.  I've been sick for the last couple of days, and today was the worst, so I wasn't sure if spending 30 minutes skiing at a fast pace was the best idea.  But now I know; it was a GREAT idea.
I love winter, because I get to spend so much time with Steve.  In the summer, he works like crazy and when he is home, he is usually too tired to want to do much.  During the winter months, work slows down drastically for him and we get to do everything together.
Here is a plane coming in over the trail.  Sad, someone's vacation is ending.

In other exciting news, our first ever Full Circle Farm Order came in.  As I type, Steve is preparing a salad from all the goodies and I cannot wait to eat it.  It all looks so beautiful and yummy, I took a picture to show everyone what real fruit and veggies look like.
Looks tasty doesn't it?!  If you want to sign up, don't forget to mention I referred you! 

2 comments:

  1. This was my 100th post by the way...yay blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you!! Love the pics, great ones of you two! So wished I had gotten to go with you today :( The veggies look delish!

    ReplyDelete