Wednesday, January 4, 2012

true love

I couldn't sleep this morning.  So I rolled out of bed as gracefully as possible, trying not to wake either Steve or Beau, both of whom were sleeping so peacefully next to me.  I closed the door quietly and went out to the living room, getting some water and a snack.  

Soon I heard the faintest little whine.  I stopped what I was doing and listened again, thinking I must have imagined it.  But no, it came again, just a sad, short little cry.  I smiled and walked back down the hall to quietly open my bedroom door.  Out came Beau with sleepy little eyes, trotting as fast as his little legs could carry him along side me to settle in on the couch next to me.  

Is it wrong that I absolutely love how much he loves me?  



Poor Steve all alone in bed - Beau's heart is all full of love for his mama...   


3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. And so true, sadly for us other lonelies. Love you and beaubi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww don't worry, he still loves you a lot too :)

    ReplyDelete