Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...

Steve is chipping the ice out on our patio and stairs so we don't fall and die on the ice.

I am thinking...

Despite the ice I am so thankful to live in Alaska where there aren't tornadoes! My thoughts and prayers are with all the people in Texas who are faced with cleaning up after the destruction caused by the tornadoes today.

I am thankful...

For such a close and loving family.

I love you guys!

In the kitchen...

Not much happened there today...too busy running errands and enjoying times with old and new friends.

I am wearing...

A hat, some clothes, no socks, a boppy pillow and a hungry baby.

I am creating...

Some cozy grey booties for Riggs.  They are really quick to crochet and turning out just how I pictured them.  I finished one yesterday and need to get the other one done.  I made them big so that I can felt them a little to make them warmer.

I am going...

To physical therapy on Thursday.  My sciatica flared up again on our Seattle trip and has gotten so bad it's unbearable.  I'm in pain in every position all day and night and finally decided I needed to take care of it.  So it's off to physical therapy I go to get a diagnosis for why I'm having sciatic pain and what we can do to fix it.

I am wondering...

I am wondering why babies decide to spit up or have a blow out the one time you aren't prepared for it.  They're such little tricksters!

I am reading...

I'm not reading anything this week.  I've just been distracted by other things.

I am hoping...

For another sunny day tomorrow.  So lovely and warm!  Plus we need as much snow to melt as possible and to see the beautiful green grass that is hopefully hiding beneath.  

I am looking forward to...

Moving - I love having to pack up our house, as weird as that may be.  It gives me a chance to go through everything and organize things bette than they were before.

I am learning...

....to many things to even list!

Around the house...

Enjoying our new room layout.  For some reason little changes can feel so much more homey and comfortable.  I've always loved lounging around in my room and now I enjoy it even more.

A favorite quote for today...

"So much room for activities!" 

One of my favorite things...

A big jug full of icy cold water.  I'm always so thirsty!

A few plans for the rest of the week...

Birthday celebrations, Easter festivities, and just fun time spent with family.

Crocheting, some sewing and hopefully some knitting I've been neglecting to start for a few weeks.

A peek into my day...

1 comment:

  1. We love you too!! Glad I got to see you! Even if it was brief :) looking forward to Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete