Saturday, April 7, 2012

Surprise!

We put an offer in on a house last week and it was accepted!  We are so incredibly excited, but still know that everything is not 100% yet...as we are waiting on final loan approval from the bank and then closing, which will be in early May.  There shouldn't be any issues with those two things, and I knew it was going to be extremely hard to keep things under wraps much longer (especially here on my blog, where it is all I've wanted to write about for the last week) so I had to share!

To see more photos, visit my Facebook album, here.
The house is in the teeny community of Butte, off the Old Glenn Highway, about 7 miles from Palmer.  We love it out there.  I am so thankful to God that we found this place, as it is just so perfect for us.  About three years ago, we drove around in the Valley a lot during the summer, and realized how much we love the Butte area, especially the Bodenburg Loop - this property is right across the Old Glenn from the loop!  So close to Pyrah's U-Pick Farm, which will be amazing to visit often in the growing months.  Also the Butte is right there, just waiting for us to hike up it.  I just can't wait.

It is on an acre of land with a nice little fenced in dog run for Beau and Steve's future dog.  The house is 1240 square feet with two bedrooms and two baths and has a two car detached garage.  It is so bright and airy, so much light!

As you can imagine, we have lots to do in the next month.  Last week I went through nearly everything in the house to weed out anything I didn't want to have to pack up and drag out to Palmer.  Now I'm in the process of collecting boxes and starting to pack.  This is the first time we have moved in 5 years, so I'm sure there will be more to get rid of when I'm actually packing each box.  

Yesterday I stopped by Sweet Adelines to see if she had any snappis.  She didn't (although she is looking into getting them) but that's okay, because I love that store and it is so much fun to shop around in!  There are beautiful, sustainably and often locally made children's items in every nook and cranny.  I picked up a birthday ring for Riggs that was made locally.  I love it, but I hope time passes slowly before I have to use it for his first birthday!  I can't even imagine my little (big) baby as a one year old!  


Speaking of celebrations, I am so excited to have a real home to start making memories in, where Riggs will have all his birthdays.  Thanksgiving and Christmas will be so much more special this year too, as it will be our first year with Riggs (on the outside) and our first year in our own home.

A few snapshots from our week:

Swedish Pancakes for breakfast this morning...

Why do they grow so fast?
He's such a big boy now!


brotherly love
 And now I'm off to the store to get some things for Easter lunch tomorrow and for some coconut to make more energy balls (my favorite food ever at the moment).  Happy Easter weekend, hope you all enjoy some time spent with family and/or friends and eat some delicious, wholesome food.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! All it seems to need is a freezer in the garage :D! There's so much light everywhere Whitney, and so much privacy, can you see any of your neighbors? AHHH JEALOUSSS I love you I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete