Monday, July 9, 2012

::growing gratitude::


right now I am...

...smiling as I remember my nephew Noah showing me the 'sleeping' spider.  "It won't crawl on you, Whitney, it's taking a nap.  Don't worry."  


...proud to feel physically tired, sore and yet stronger from following through on another day of a very challenging exercise routine.

...feeling so blessed to have a home that I love where I can go outside with my baby and my dogs and not see anyone else other than the birds and occasionally a bunny.


...enchanted with the world again as I see things in a new, refreshed light; inspired by the awe in which my Riggy views all things new to him, even things as simple as a blade of grass.

...missing Steve but so thankful that he is such a hard worker and provides for our family so well and without complaining.  He is such a strong person, and my best friend in the whole world, and I'm so thankful to get to share my life with him.


...thrilled that my baby wriggles in delight when I read to him, smiling and giggling again and again each time I lift the flaps in his book to reveal what is hiding in the snow.

...bittersweet that milestones are now being accomplished at a dizzying rate and wishing I could capture these moments and store them away to be enjoyed later.  It is hard to know that I will never again hold that newborn Riggs that I cuddled so fiercely just five and a half months ago.  I look forward to tomorrow even as I mourn today - I never knew that being a mom would be so hard emotionally for me.




...glad that Riggs is so happy and content, looking onward to what he can learn and accomplish next.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Smiled thinking of my sweet Noah and his ever entertaining thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Whitney. Riggs is will be a cruiser.

    ReplyDelete