Monday, November 19, 2012

best weekend ever and some bloopers

Steve was off for three whole days this weekend and we had so much fun together as a family every single day.  It was honestly the best three days I've had in a very long time.  At the end of each day I was literally just bursting with happiness!  We got our family pictures checked off the list and they turned out so good!  Then we went out in our own yard to pick a tree and found the perfect one!  We usually put our tree up the weekend after thanksgiving, but Steve has to work the entire weekend so we did it Saturday instead.  Steve was laughing at me nearly the entire time we were getting the tree and setting it up because I was so excited, dancing around and laughing like a little kid.  Growing up we couldn't have a real tree because my dad was allergic - we did get one at one point I think but we didn't go out in our own yard and cut it down.  For some reason that was just so exciting to me and it just made me love where we live now even more.

I took lots of pictures since it was Riggs' first tree (and my first hand picked real one!) and am even in some of them thanks to Steve. Of course it was only like 10 degrees when we went out to look for the tree so I had to bundle Riggs up pretty good before we headed outside.

our perfect tree
I used the tripod and self timer to take our family pictures this year, and I was so thrilled with how they turned out.  Not all of them were frame-worthy though - here are some of the bloopers I thought were funny and give you a little sneak peak of what our card will ultimately look like:

It's hard with the self-timer to get a 10 month old to look at the camera at just the right moment:

Like father like son - apparently keeping their eyes open was hard work:

I hope you had a fabulous weekend too - can you believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday?  Where has this year gone people?!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pictures! All of the color in the clothes next to the gray and white tinted backdrop is beautiful :) and you look gorgeous of course - cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are so beautiful! I love every single word you have written and of course your gorgeous pictures! You can see how much you endeavor to make everything good... no... even best... for your loved ones! Steve and Riggs are lucky guys to have you... wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete