Friday, November 9, 2012

friday's letters

Dear Seattle, I can't believe how nice the humid air here feels!  And it's still fall here, with a beautiful array of colorful leaves, some still on the trees but most in crunch piles on the green (!) grass.  Dear Riggs, thank you for being so [relatively] easy so far on this trip.  Despite resisting sleep and crying for a few agonizing short minutes on the plane, you finally did give into dreamland and slept through getting off the plane, the shuttle ride to the rental car facility, and the drive to our hotel.  Then you actually went to sleep in the pack-n-play in the big unknown hotel room.

making a dinner selection at the airport Humpy's
Dear Ikea, you better be ready for me today, because I am SO SO SO ready for you!  I really hope that extra large duffel I brought in my suitcase can fit everything I find there ;)  Dear Alaska, I really hope it just snows a bunch there while I'm gone rather than the freezing rain the forecast is calling for.  Stay safe everyone!  Dear Thanksgiving, I can't believe it is only two weeks till my family will be gathering at my house with the smell of turkey and pumpkin pie making our stomach's rumble.  I am so excited to have our first Thanksgiving in our new home.  Dear guy-in-the-baby-blue-eighties-sweater-in -the-hotel-lobby-who-otherwise-looks-very-normal-and-maybe-even-good-looking, really?  What on earth were you thinking when you pulled that gem out and decided to actually wear it.  Maybe it's a practical joke but either way you might want to rethink it...Dear Steve, we miss you baby! Hope you have a great friday xoxo.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. LOL to the letter to the guy in the baby blue eighties sweater!! Have fun in Seattle! I grew up there (til I was 14) :) And your wish is coming true-- all snow up here!!

    ps. I live in Kenai :)

    Talk soon!

    Laura @ mycalmdelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH have so much fun! So jealous about Ikea. Stupid no-shipping-to-AK rule...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!!!!! Have a fun time <3 so jealous of your ikea trip- love love love you and am so sad that we are a mere 8 hour drive away and I have a 3 day weekend but no car :( Have fun with Mom and Riggy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a beautiful fall picture. We have been loving our fall weather up until Thursday when it started dumping snow. We now have nine inches of snow on the ground, but it is still so beautiful. Love the seasons! When does it first snow in Alaska? Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    Bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete