Thursday, December 27, 2012

lazy days


We've been enjoying some lazy days since we got back from Homer on Tuesday.  It snowed here at our house too while we were gone, and we've spent quite a bit of time outside with Tutka - who missed us so much!  We missed him too, and we missed our home.  No matter how much fun I have on a trip, getting home is always my favorite part for some reason...there's just nothing like being in your own space and back in your old routines.  I think it's good that Steve and I found each other, because we are both such homebodies!

We've become even more home-centered since we moved into our very first home and since we've had Riggs.  One of our favorite things about being home is the outdoor space and privacy that we have - we just love it more and more as we settle in.  We don't have to drive anywhere to throw the ball for Tutka, or to go on a walk with Riggs.  Each season we've discovered little things about this place that just make us love it even more, and I feel so blessed that we found such a perfect little home for us.


If you can't tell from the pictures, I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt that I've had since 1998 - I wore them all day and thoroughly enjoyed it too.  I love fashionable clothes and getting dressed up, but when I'm home jeans and tights and blouses just seem so uncomfortable.  My uniform for a typical day at home is usually yoga pants or leggings and soft cotton tops, but there's nothing like the comfort of your favorite sweatshirt (the fact that it's been your favorite sweatshirt for over 10 years is just a bonus). 

No comments:

Post a Comment