Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013

This year was Steve's second Father's Day (third if you include the year I was pregnant). Words can't even describe what an amazing dadda Steve is and I am so thankful that I get to parent Riggs with him. He is tender and loving, infinitely patient, and so selfless with his limited time at home, always happy to spend it playing with, reading to, or cuddling with his son. Riggs already looks up to Steve so much and tries to be just like him, so when I saw this little poem I had to incorporate it into Steve's Father's Day card from Riggs. Here's what we came up with:


Steve loved it and even teared up a little I think as he held Riggs close after reading it. We pulled out Riggs' baby book to compare how much his feet have grown since he was born. How do they get so big so fast?

After a nice morning at home we headed to Anchorage to hit the beach at Kincaid park with the rest of my family, and it was so nice to be able to hug my own dad on Father's Day too. I have been so blessed to have such amazing men in my life, my dad has always been just the right balance of strict and sweet - he has such a tender heart and has always been there for us girls when we need a shoulder to cry on.

It was a gorgeous day and we loved soaking up the sun away from the bugs. There wasn't a mosquito in sight and that might have been my favorite part of the whole afternoon!

watching the planes come in for a landing
everybody, including every dog on earth, loves my dad :)

The worst part of the whole day is when I realized that I forgot to get a picture of Steve and Riggs together! I hate when that happens. Next weekend I want to do a little mini-family-photoshoot and hopefully I'll get some good ones of them then. Riggs will be 18 months old soon and I just can't believe it. That has always sounded so old to me. Good thing he'll always be my baby boy no matter how grown up he thinks he is ;)

1 comment: