Thursday, September 12, 2013

4 ridiculously adorable DIY halloween costumes for toddlers

I am really excited for Halloween this year. SO WEIRD since usually I could care less about it. I think it's the idea of a tiny little costume that appeals to me. Last year I purchased a funny little bat costume from the kids consignment shop for him to wear, it was hilarious. But other than dressing him up and carving a [really lame] pumpkin, we didn't do anything else to celebrate.

His costume was cute last year, but I think it's more so much more fun to make a homemade costume, and more creative too. You get to make lists of costume ideas [I LOVE lists!], and look up pictures for them on Pinterest, and then you have to get to work and collect the things you'll need for you DIY costume, put them all together, and then sit back and enjoy the results. Plus as your kids get older it's a great project to work on together.

I think we're pretty set on Riggs being a little tiny hobbit this year [it's going to be epic], hence why I am so excited. But while I was doing my 'reasearch', there were a few costumes that were just too cute not to share here.

#1
little hobbit
 just too cute.
and pretty easy to DIY too.
I think there are so many costume ideas
from LOTRs that would be fun...

#2
TinTin
I just love this one so much! And it would be easy too.
I really hope Riggs likes The Adventures of TinTin when he's older,
because I am soooo dressing him like this at some point.

#3
Madeline
Every little girl loves Madeline, and this costume would be fun,
easy, and would also work for multiple children and mom (as the nun, yay!).

#4
Katniss
This one might just be my favorite, this little girl
is just so cute as Katniss!
Maybe I'll have to dress up as the leading lady
of the Hunger Games books this year...
thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I can definitely see you as the girl on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mom. I'm seriously contemplating it! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love what you have here. I really wanted these children Halloween Costumes
    for my child, a perfect one to use this coming halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline kids are so adorable! Wonderful halloween costumes. I also love that little hobbit, so cute!

    I also feature some DIY halloween costumes. Feel free to check out my post featuring homemade halloween costumes too for more ideas and costume options. I hope they may help :)

    Happy Halloween!
    Barbara
    Homemade Halloween Costumes

    ReplyDelete