Friday, January 10, 2014

five friday favorites

Oh my goodness I can't believe I have my stuff together enough to actually be sharing my five friday favorites for the week! It's been way too long and I have lots to share, so I'll get right to it!

Lately I've been trying to find meals that are nutritious, easy enough (don't require gourmet chef skills haha), and that don't break the bank when it comes to multiple trips to the grocery store for specialized ingredients. I've had a few misses (cauliflower crust was soooo an eww for me) but there have been some delicious results as well, all from recipes that I've pinned on Pinterest.

ONE | FAVORITE RECIPE

These were sooooo good, easy and pretty dang healthy! I actually used ground bison because Steve hates ground turkey, and this recipe is easy to modify based on ingredients you have around the house. These satisfied my comfort food craving but are mostly all vegetable, so it's a win-win. We were out of sour-cream and I think that would have made these just perfect.


TWO | FAVORITE RESOURCE

This website has been such an encouragement and great tool for me so far this pregnancy. I'm really focused on staying fit and as healthy as possible during this pregnancy and so finding the stories of others who have done so and what worked for them has really been important to me.


THREE | FAVORITE COLORS

These are gorgeous neutral choices and also would match the current colors in my house very well. I'm trying to find inspiration for what color/s to paint Riggs room, so daunting!


FOUR | FAVORITE DREAM

This cabin kitchen (and entire cabin if you click through the pinterest link) is just gorgeous and makes me crave the day when Steve and I can finally build our 'dream' cabin and have a quiet place to go relax and connect together in the woods. Growing up we spent so much time visiting my grandparents' off-the-grid cabin near Talkeetna (that looked a lot like the above picture, btw) and so many of my best memories are from those visits. I want that for my kids too, and for myself.

FIVE | FAVORITE WORDS

I love this quote because it's just so true. Sometimes I lose sight of how beautiful and magical the earth really is in the winter because it's so cold and dark. Yet there is so much music to be heard even on the coldest, darkest day of winter. I need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment