Monday, May 12, 2014

'the best' almond meal muffins (they really are good!) + mail day


I love finding recipes for healthy snacks that are also good to eat and easy to bring along with us. Coconut flour and and almond meal are great alternatives to both white and even wheat flour, but I prefer almond meal (I think it's a little easier to work with). I found this recipe online, claiming to be 'the best' Almond Flour Muffins, and so I tried them out. They are very unfussy to make and they taste amazing. The recipe is for blueberry muffins, and I added some lemon extract to make them lemon blueberry. I also made a separate batch with strawberries. I think the strawberry are my favorite, there is just something about a moist, crispy edged muffins with sweet juicy strawberries that I love. 

You can find the recipe here. I made mini muffins and shortened the baking time to 15 minutes instead of 25 and added 1 tsp lemon extract to the blueberry batch.


We also went to the post office today to pick up the mail and were excited to see find two more packages, one for Riggs and one for baby sister. I love when you order something online and it turns out to be even more adorable in person than you expected. That is how the headbands and leggings are from Lil Sugarlamb, I just love them! I also thought her packaging was just about the sweetest I've ever seen. 

I also ordered some Freshly Picked weathered brown moccs for Riggs. He lives in moccs in the summer - we use them instead of sandals unless he's going to get his feet wet. They are really comfortable for him plus they just look adorable. 


It was another gorgeous day so after making muffins we went back outside to play in the evening sun. Riggs had so much fun running through the sprinkler. After he ran through for a bit he ran over to me and said, "Riggy clean" and reminded me again when we got in the house that he didn't need a bath. Haha nice try, he still had to have a bath. I swear, in the summer it's a completely necessity to bathe him thoroughly every day before bed. I love seeing his dirty little feet and hands though because it means he had fun playing outside! All around it was a pretty amazing Monday, and I'm going to bed tonight thankful that the week started out so well.

4 comments:

  1. Those muffins look delicious! Cant wait to see little Riggy too he looks so cute in that last pic <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinning the muffins! :) Love how cute Riggs is running through that sprinkler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these sound soooo good! I love lemon blubbery scones, but never though to try them in muffin form. You have convinced me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT mail day!

    ReplyDelete