Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

We hosted Thanksgiving this year, and even though it is small, we made room for Steve's family and enjoyed having every one here in our little winter home. I missed my family of course, and my sister hosted our extended Anchorage family - I wish I could have been in two places at once! My parents were in Denver visiting my little sister and brother-in-law there.

It was a beautiful day here in Homer, and once the turkey was in the oven I went on a walk with Raina in the sunshine - it was lovely. Everyone started arriving around 3:30p and we had a lively fun time. I've really grown to love Thanksgiving more and more over the years, and this year was really special being here in Homer and hosting our family here.

Pie art that Raina 'helped' me with on the pumpkin pies

All the food: I made Turkey, two pumpkin pies and a german chocolate pie, Steve's
wonderful family brought everything else, and it was all delicious. 

Helping Grandpa Rick open some wine

Steve untangling rope with his parents - he changed in to shorts because he said it was too hot
with all the cooking going on...but kept his beanie, ha.

Steve getting bounced on in Riggs' room, it was too funny.

I wish I would have gotten more pictures of everyone together but it wasn't to be. What a wonderful evening we had celebrating family and being grateful for all that we have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment